Welcome! I’m Erin Grimm. My high-quality academic experiences, as both teacher and student, have equipped me with an unmatched ability to support students and their families. I specialize in language learning, writing, project based learning, and reading.
The students I like to work with are driven to succeed, but are somehow blocked. Things fall into place when they change their understanding of themselves as learners and contributors to school, family, and society. I offer practical solutions, tailored to your student’s individual needs. Without doing their homework for them.Erin Grimm
I’m Erin Grimm. Welcome to thriving…
I partner with teachers and families to work for the flourishing of the student. When I was a young person, I required a lot of extra support, and so I know what it’s like. Plus, in the wake of COVID, we could all use a hand.
My calling is facilitate wellness and contribution. Here’s to you and your family finding things manageable again.
A bit of my background….
Northwest Nazarene University (2020-present):
Master of Divinity Student (Missional Leadership Focus)
UC Davis (2008-2014):
MA Comparative Literature in Russian and French
Critical Theory Certificate
Second Language Acquisition Certificate
UC Berkeley (2005-2007):
BA Slavic Languages and Literatures
Summa Cum Laude
Department Citation of Excellence in Scholarly Research
Sonoma State University (2003-2005):
Piano Performance, Band and Choir
Hutchins Program of Liberal Studies
- “Erin understands how to create mastery of a subject. She was able to get my son to wherever he wanted to go. She is welcoming, kind and patient. I highly trust and recommend her services.” – Gwen Benedict, Life Coach, Sound Life Coach, LLC
- “Hi Erin! You would be so proud of me. On Friday I went to each of my teachers and made an individual plan to help me get caught up in each of my classes and on this weekend I fully got caught up in English and math and in government! I also talked to my human development teacher and asked for a plan and she was very willing to work with me to get caught up with no stress! Can’t wait to see you!” – Current anonymous student, shared with student’s permission
- “It would be difficult for me to overstate the positive impact Erin has had on our son. His academic skills and aptitude have definitely improved, but the most significant change we have seen is in his confidence and self-concept. Erin saw our son’s true potential and gave him tools to help him see it for himself. Once he gained this perspective on his own brilliance and capacity, the transformation was astonishing. In the years prior to working with Erin, we had switched him from public to private school, and finally pulled him out altogether to home school, due to his struggles. Within a few months of beginning to work regularly with Erin, our son was back in public school and performing at the top of his class academically. What is even more important to me as his parent is the way he feels about himself as a student, a learner, and a member of an educational community. We are forever grateful to Erin for the gift she has been to our whole family!” – Haley Ballast, Elder and Activist, Seattle Presbytery (PCUSA)
- “Erin’s pedagogical skills are remarkable. She knows just what to do to keep students engaged but not overwhelmed.” – Dr. Carlee Arnett, Professor, University of California, Davis
- “Erin was an amazing instructor for my lower division Russian language courses. I gained a very ingrained foundation of the Russian language while under her instruction for two years. With her instruction and teaching I was able to succeed in advanced Russian courses as well as courses in a study abroad program taught through Saint Petersburg University. She was truly and deeply invested in the well-being and learning of all her students. Erin was always available outside of class time to provide help with assignments. I was able to meet with her during office hours to practice speaking in Russian more, as well as review information gone over in class. She also went out of her way to provide supplemental materials online and worksheets that helped me better understand and remember vocabulary and rules of the language. However, she was also there for me when I needed support and guidance regarding graduate school programs. She is an amazing person overall who never hesitates to give her students the best help she possibly can in any way it is needed. Erin is dedicated to helping her students succeed and is a true inspiration! – Lizabeth Thompson, MSW
- “She is a strong advocate and truly listens to students and hears them. Expertise, depth of knowledge, and experience in education is evident in Ms. Grimm’s work and all she does. She’s a natural leader and her commitment was invaluable to the success of our summer school program. Ms. Grimm took on many challenges, was exemplary in her practice, and modeled to the summer staff what could be done to support students in their endeavors. Her communication to students and parents was based in growth mindset, positive reinforcement, and compassionate encouragement.” – Regina Carr, VP, Garfield High School, Seattle Public Schools
- “As a teacher, employee and person I cannot say enough about Erin’s commitment and character.” – Tammy Lee, Program Coordinator, Natomas Charter School, Natomas Unified School District
- “Mrs. Grimm is an extremely energetic teacher, innovative in her instructional strategies, and creates very positive relationships with all of her students.” – Brian Ginter, Principal, Rio Americano High School, San Juan Unified School District
- “Erin’s profound knowledge of education and effective writing, her rich vocabulary and elegant style allowed her to meet our needs at SPU in the organizing of the first North American international conference on Janusz Korczak’s pedagogy in August 2018. Her assistance in preparing conference presentations for publication subsequent to the conference was invaluable and her ease with working with the written word made our contributors shine all the more brightly. Erin is dedicated and will work hard to meet your needs; she is also a very bright, well-educated, giving and trustworthy person.” – Tatyana Tsyrlina-Spady, PhD, Adjunct Professor, School of Education, Seattle Pacific University
- “Erin is an extremely intelligent, kind and caring person and a strong advocate for equity and justice for students. As a fellow Christian, I also personally know her to be someone who acts on her beliefs. She is an educator who is dedicated to equity and culturally responsive practice.” – Kristin Percy Calaff, Director of Language Learning, Highline Public Schools
- “Erin has been instrumental in helping me to organize, design and implement key program services. Erin is a dream to work with: responsive, creative, thoughtful. Erin brought a diverse array of facilitation, resources, and critical thinking skills to every task, and really helped me build a comprehensive vision. Hire her and don’t look back!” – Neena Viel, Community Engagement Director, Northwest Education Access
- “When Erin enters your world, your senses are heightened and enlivened. Her genuine enthusiasm for your progress is a magnificent and propulsive force! Erin has a joyful, effervescent style of encouragement and she is incredibly intuitive, insightful, and inventive. She pushes you to explore avenues as yet unseen; she always brings new ideas to the table and each work-shopping session ends leaving you inspired and excited to expand and dig deeper into whatever your endeavor may be. Working with Erin during the hatching and nearly fledgling stages of my apothecary business, FIREFLY, has been instrumental in helping me, a solo creator/founder/CEO, maintain my momentum, focus, and, most importantly, faith in myself and my ability to create and share an offering which will make the world better, healthier and brighter…just as Erin does everywhere she goes! I highly recommend this magnanimous woman as a coach, mentor, advisor, and collaborator in any business/branding enterprise.” – Rachael Williams, Firefly
- “Generous, hardworking, and skillful; those would be three words that I would choose to describe Erin´s work ethic. After our first proofreading work with her, I asked our Spanish translator, would you like to work with someone else? Her response was: No, we really need her. Her skills are unique.” – Nicolas E. Tranchini, Spanish Author and Director of Deep Changes, Spain.